Presented by: Capital Financial Benefit Solutions
How Fiscally Fit Are You?
The beginning of each year is an excellent time to improve those areas of your life that need enhancement. You may vow to get into shape, lose weight, and eat healthier or some other measure to improve your overall physical health. While these things will help you to feel better and hopefully live longer, they still require a strong will and self-discipline to meet the goal.
Just as physical fitness can renew your vitality and increase your energy, fiscal fitness can help to invigorate your financial future. Don’t be fooled, because this too takes discipline.
The following test will help you measure your fiscal fitness. If you are one of the fortunate people who have everything well under control – carry on. If you don’t fall into this category – then it might be time to for a check-up.
YOUR FISCAL FITNESS TEST
- Do you find yourself financially short before each payday?
- Do you have trouble knowing where your money went?
- Has a recent change in your job or family status caused increased financial pressure?
- Are you sure that the life, health and dental insurance that you receive from your employer will be sufficient for your family?
- Are you saving for your children’s future education?
- Will you run out of money during your retirement years?
- Should your current savings be working harder for you?
- Are your assets positioned properly to pass on to your beneficiary(s)?
- Do you plan adequately for taxes, or is April 15 disaster time?
- Lastly, have you established an emergency fund? If so, will it be sufficient for at least 3 months?
How did you do? If you’re uncomfortable with your answers, then it might be time to revisit your plans. If you need assistance – don’t put it off – get it now.
There are a number of planning tools available that can help you feel more in control of your financial well-being. It might also be beneficial for you to discuss your needs with financial professionals who can help by recommending an appropriate strategy designed specifically for you.
It all boils down to this…
…regardless of your method; getting started is the key to helping you secure, not only your fiscal fitness, but also your financial future.
Place on approved letterhead. Content prepared by Penn Mutual.
© 2016 The Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company, Philadelphia, PA 19172